[App] Button Launcher
Button Launcher : Create shortcut combos on Wear OS
Button Launcher is a completely free software for Wear OS that allows you to define what apps will be launched based on up to two button press combination.
For watches with only single (primary/home) button, there are only two shortcuts to set. The first is just long press that primary button followed with no other button press (within a configured timeout), the second are two long presses of primary button in a row.
Watches like Huawei Watch 2 with 2 hardware buttons allow for 8 different shortcuts.
More info: forum.xda-developers.com/android-wear/development/app-button-launcher-button-shortcuts-t3757005
Button Launcher user reviews :
I use this to get rid of the Google Assistant. I’d love to see a feature where a long press does absolutely nothing. Right now the app will wait for a second command (even if I don’t have any actions defined).
- Marcel DopitaJune 20, 2018
- It’s already supported – in a sense of what is technically (the watch API) possible. The 2 extra buttons can be used as second (short/long) presses in shortcuts/combos. You can also set Button Launcher to be executed on press of one of these buttons to get additional shortcuts. You can write me at the XDA thread.
- Marcel DopitaMarch 7, 2018
- Hi. Please let me know (here/email/XDA) what is your idea or use case about additional taps. There are some limits of Android Wear but there are still things that can be improved.
- Marcel DopitaMarch 6, 2018
- Hi. Other users are suggesting this: www.reddit.com/r/AndroidWear/comments/64qitr/toggle_theater_mode_on_wear_20/
It’s almost there. I can certainly see the potential in this app. To be able to quickly shortcut to a number of different functions in a customizable way is something that should have been included in Wear 2.0 natively. But it isn’t. Luckily, we have the ability to do so now. However, I’m noticing that many users (myself included) have discovered this app because of a need to disable the Assistant launch on long-press of the crown button. While this app can achieve this, it unfortunately continues to wait for a second input instead of timing out and going back to the home screen. Since we are all experiencing unintended long crown presses, this means the watch will stay awake all the time (very bad), unless the user notices and cancels out. If the devs can rectify this, this will easily be one of the best apps available for Wear 2.0… One I would gladly pay for.
Contact developer :
Download Button Launcher from Play Store
Leave your feedback regarding Button Launcher
Get more android apps/games/updates
Subscribe to our mailing list and get new android apps / games and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.