DjRun plays your own music, picking songs that match your running or walking tempo. It’s as simple as hitting play! DjRun Pro can even adapt the playback tempo like a real DJ, following your stride rate! While mainly targeted towards running, DjRun works with all sports that exhibit steady repetitive movement, like walking, hiking, cycling, rope-skipping, rollerskating, rowing, fitness …
How does it work?
DjRun uses the accelerometers in your phone to analyze your movement. From this it calculates your stride rate, expressed in steps/minute. It then plays the songs that match this tempo, magically providing the satisfying sensation of running to the beat!
To do this, DjRun needs to know the tempo of your songs, expressed in Beats Per Minute (BPM). DjRun is capable to detect this by itself using various methods. Although it can take quite a while, the app is fully functional while analyzing your music, allowing you to run to the songs that are already tempo-detected. If all automated song tempo detection methods fail, it is still possible to manually tap the tempo on-screen from within the song browser.
* Stride Rate Detection (pedometer)
– Carry your phone the way you want, DjRun adapts
– Small disturbances won’t affect a stable detection
– Runs smooth, even on older phones
CAUTION: Due to an android firmware bug, a lot of android 2.2- but also other phones- require the screen to stay on for the sensors to function. This setting is available but turned off by default.
* Music tempo detection:
– Detecting tempo by online lookup (Pro only)
– Detecting tempo by song metadata (e.g. ID3 tags)
– Detecting the tempo by analyzing the audio
– Manually tapping the tempo
– Control the song tempo detection process by letting it run in the background or manually stop and restart it
* Song playing strategy
– The playback tempo can be auto adjusted, following your stride rate. Without pitch shift and with great quality! (Pro only)
– Songs that are double or 4 times as fast and slow are also used
– DjRun avoids repeating songs whenever possible
– Optionally auto-change the song when it stops matching
* Other options
– Select your own playlist to run to (Pro only)
– Pin mode: Manually set target stride rate (Pro only)
– Skip to the next song with one click
– Ad free (Pro only)
The Pro version can be activated from within the app.
DjRun user reviews:
I am liking this app, just don’t think it’s 5* worthy yet. No crashes here. Big pluses for it picking songs who’s BPM where 1/2 of my stride. Big minus for it selecting all sound files, including podcasts and ringtones. Let us tell it what folders to pick. GUI is pretty bland too.
Doesn’t crash on my HTC Desire S! I let it run through my music collection overnight and then in the morning my workout was so awesome! I really like how it manages find just the right song to match by rhythm! Giving it a few more days to and would definitely go for pro for dynamic tempo adjustment!
Wow, so I’ve got quite a few tunes on my memory card, and it took a few days off and on for DJ Run to scan them all. This ate up significant battery power, and made my phone run very HOT! I just had to leave my SGS II plugged in whenever it was scanning. I haven’t taken it running yet, but will update further when I do.
Download DjRun :[app]net.djrun.one[/app]
Leave your feedback regarding DjRun app
Get more android apps/games/updates
Subscribe to our mailing list and get new android apps / games and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.