[App] Exposure Calculator
Given an exposure (Aperture, Shutter speed, ISO), allows calculating equivalent exposures – set 2 new parameters (a combination of Aperture, Shutter and ISO) and the 3rd parameter is automatically calculated.
It is also possible to add up to 3 ND filters of up to 30 stops each to the calculations, handy for those long exposure photographs to blur water and clouds.
The app also includes a timer for exposures of 4 seconds or longer.
calculates Shutter, Aperture or ISO
aperture range from f1.0 to f360
shutter range from 480s to 1/16,000s
ISO range from ISO 0.4 to ISO 3.2M
ND filter up to 30 stops, in 1, 1/2 or 1/3 stop increments
up to 3 stacked ND filters
ND filter modes: stop, density, ND number
bulb mode (up to 24h)
reverse filter search mode
ND filter calibration mode
timer for exposures of 4s or longer with alarm
night mode with 4 overlay colors
optional compensation wheel to account for reciprocity failure
unlimited number of presets
free and ad free
privacy – the app does not collect any data and does not have Internet access
control vibrator: to vibrate after the timer expires
read external storage: to enable selecting a custom ringtone stored on the SD card to be played when the timer expires
A review of the app is available on this blog post: www.craigrogers.photography/?p=2548
You can join the beta test program here: play.google.com/apps/testing/com.quicosoft.exposurecalculator.app
Note: in the Shutter settings section there is a switch tor camera type. This switch simply selects how a small set of shutter speeds around 1 second are displayed, choose the one your camera adheres to. Exposure calculations work for all camera makes, this switch is simply for display purposes.
Please contact me if you’d like to help translating the app into your language.
You may also like instagram
Exposure Calculator user reviews :
It does its job well and simply. The only thing I’d ask for is an option in settings to type in values for aperture and ISO – some cameras have odd apertures like 1.5. Apart from that it’s everything I could ask for.
- Hey there, thanks for your comment. The app calculates the EV internally to determine the new exposure, I can look into surfacing this value as part of the calculation. Update: this will be available in version 5.4.0.
- Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, I’m glad you enjoy the app!
- Thank you for taking the time to review the app. I’ll continue updating the app regularly to keep it fresh and relevant. Have a great one!
- Thank you! I’m glad I can provide some amusement while replying to the reviews, all in a day’s work! Let me know if you have any questions about the app, I can be reached via the “Feedback” option in “About”.
Used this for some night time shooting and the settings worked as hoped. Please remember you have to know how to set your test shot first if you want to get correct results. So this may not be the app for you if have not mastered that yet, but if you have then get it.
- Thank you so much for your review, I’m glad you find the app useful. Knowing the app helps people in their photography journey is my best reward.
Contact developer :
Download Exposure Calculator from Play Store
Leave your feedback regarding Exposure Calculator
Get more android apps/games/updates
Subscribe to our mailing list and get new android apps / games and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.