Unlike other current WP7 launchers (Windows Phone Android, Metro UI), this one allows you to properly modify your start screen. Just long press on a tile and drag tile where you want!
This launcher 7 version is free, but does have an ad in application list. Ad free donate version is available if you don’t like the ad.
– 2 x 1 tiles
– Original Windows Phone 7 backgrounds!
– Freely configurable tile colors
– Launcher options are available from Application List (press menu in app list)
– Layout animations
– Animated contacts tile! (still work in progress)
– configurable animation parameters (soon)
– folders (in donate version now)
– clock tile of sorts
– more animated tiles
– facebook integration
Consider this as alpha quality at best. If it crashes, please email me or report the crash and we’ll figure out a fix.
Recommended HDPI device, tested on Galaxy i9000.
MDPI devices should be now able to show things in correct scale, but performance and memory usage may very well be a problem in these devices.
launcher 7 Changelog:
– contacts tile now flips instead of fading
– .12.3: L7 is now launchable like ordinary application
launcher 7 Version 1.1.11
– backup and restore updated, now it should work again
– backup format changed, old backups no longer work (but then again they didn’t work anyway, so nothing is lost)
– search button can be removed (L7 settings->application drawer->hide search button)
– search view now displays wallpaper
– updating cache displays progress bar
– android style drawer now follows transparent icons setting
launcher 7 Version 1.1.9
– removed one unused bitmap per application from icon cache (should slightly help with memory issues)
– removed one expensive graphics call from render loop (should give tiny bit more smoothness)
– app drawer icons now have background enabled, to disable it go to L7 settings -> Application drawer -> Transparent icons
– fixed crash when selecting application
– fixed issue where tile modify didn’t change app icon
– if you do have problems, use the mail – logcat logs will guarantee an answer!
launcher 7 Version 1.1.8
Dreaded Update Sunday is upon us all!
– built from donate version 1.1.8 codebase
– picture hub & flipping mail tile added
– smaller tiles for greater performance (and more authentic look)
– new fly animation (old one is gone, there won’t be option to resurrect it, you might want to adjust anim speed to ~350ms)
– proper landscape mode (note: landscape has separate tiles from portrait mode)
– caching to improve startup speed
– better scaling to qHD and HD screens
launcher 7 Version 184.108.40.206
– contact tile photo loading has been reworked
– possibly fixed crash in animated contacts tile
– juice defender should no longer cause hang while unlocking the phone
– fixed issue where unpinned tile space was not reclaimed correctly
– when adding new widget you can choose “real widget views”, which will give greatly more interactive widget experience
– existing widgets are unchanged
launcher 7 Version 220.127.116.11
– if launcher crashes it will now attempt to resign from being default launcher (just to make sure you won’t end up with unbootable phone)
– out of memory errors now attempt to show message on screen before crashing. If that happens you must start reducing memory usage (use smaller bitmaps, less tiles etc.)
launcher 7 Permissions:
android.permission.READ_SMS – SMS tile
READ_CONTACTS – contacts tile
INTERNET – ads <3
GET_ACCOUNTS – calendar tile
READ_GMAIL – gmail tile (2.2+2.1)
READ_CALENDAR – calendar tile
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE – backup/restore
CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE – statusbar
READ_PHONE_STATE – statusbar
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE – statusbar
ACCESS_WIFI_STATE – statusbar
launcher 7 user reviews:
I want a fairly simple launcher for my dad. this launcher might do the job but when there are more than 6 tiles, he forgot to scroll down to find them. if u can add sideway scrolling (something like iOS) to find more tiles it is much more easier. if u add this option, u can also implement a fixed number of tiles per screen so that he can view all the tiles within one screen without having to scroll down, and the UI will be much more cleaner. and on the app screen, he must press and scroll back to the tile screen on the left hand side, he can’t just press anywhere to do it, sometimes it is very unresponsive and the arrow button is so small. although i can disable the search button so he won’t accidentally press it, but it is useful also, so i don’t want to disable it. if u can do these, i’ll give this app a 5 star
Please, make the background on the widget screens the same, make the widget tiles load faster, and fix the issue with the email tile not updating correctly. I absolutely love this homescreen, as it incorporates the best features of windowsphone 7 and android into one, but these issues make it a little annoying for every day use
Side load anyone? This thing is great. I’m gonna make sure i keep a copy of the apk for future devices i purchase. I’m gonna put it on my wifes phone since she has issues navigating android. Very easy to use GUI. The settings are easy to customize as well. Two thumbs up and a toe.!
I installed it in my EVO 4g and runs perfectly. Very intuitive and easy to custom to your needs and preferences. I love that you can remove from the application list those annoying apps like blockbuster, kindle, etc. I will never see them again. This is the best launcher I have tried after mx, awe and go launcher. Try it out!
Download launcher 7 :[app]info.tikuwarez.launcher3[/app]
Leave your feedback regarding launcher 7
Get more android apps/games/updates
Subscribe to our mailing list and get new android apps / games and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.