Free Android Apps, Android Games, Android Apps, Android Wallpapers, Android Widgets, Android Themes, Download Android Apps, App
I have created Multi-User App Share app to help enable apps across users on Google’s new 4.2 multi-user feature.
It works by removing package elements from user’s package-restriction.xml file to add the app and adding the package element back to remove the app. (located at \data\system\users\10\package-restrictions.xml where 10 is the user’s id)
Multi-User App Share app will then be visible on the second profile without them having to go to the play store and install it. Apps still have separate user data so game scores ect. will not be shared.
This is quickly thrown together and will likely have a ton of bugs, but I wanted to go ahead and get it out there for testing.
– Multi-User App Share is BETA
– You must have ROOT
– This changes system data on non documented files it could screw something up.
– I’m not responsible for any problems this causes or lost data or bricked or broken devices
– please use caution
– it is currently built to run on main user to enable or disable apps on secondary users (once root is fully working on secondary users I will see about making it run correctly on secondary user’s account)
– not tested thoroughly with paid apps*
– does not currently support system apps**
– due to the way I pull the app list from the package manager some installed apps may not show as available to add/remove
– apps installed first on a secondary user’s profile will probably not show in the list to add/remove
*paid apps seemed to work but I did not have internet access during testing. My theory is that any paid apps that use Google’s license verification will not work or not work for long. So adding your Google Account to the secondary user’s play store is probably still the best way to share paid apps.
**The entries in the xml for system apps is different. Therefore I will have to research them more before getting it to work or deciding not to mess with those apps. Currently some will show not installed on other users even though they are and removing/adding them will not work correctly.
Multi-User App Share user reviews :
Had myself the idea for such an app, glad it’s finally out! Despite not working for some apps, it fulfills the need for a feature that was sorely missing from android 4.2.
Added my son to my nexus 7 to see if this concept works. 2 Google accounts and it is working superbly. He can now access all of the apps that I want him to whilst we have our own workspace and seperate saves. Thank you for this
Download Multi-User App Share :[app]com.fivehellions.android.muappshare[/app]
Leave your feedback regarding Multi-User App Share
Get more android apps/games/updates
Subscribe to our mailing list and get new android apps / games and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.