[App] Plus Beat
Plus Beat : One Plus 6T is a beast but it lacks a notification LED.
It’s a tedious process to pick your phone up just to check if you have unread notifications. Plus Beat makes use of Ambient Display and generates pulses after regular time intervals. The time interval can be set by the user. The ambient display lits up if there is an unread notification.
Set the time interval for notification loop on ambient display
Per app configurable notifications – Choose apps to display notifications.
Hide or Show Notification content on per app basis – Show or hide notification content on a per-app basis.
Stealth Mode – Hide all the content and show notification in the form of the app icon.
DND Profiles – Add Do Not Disturb timings to pause Plus Beat.
Custom colors for notification icons
Tested on: OnePlus 6/6T/5/5T/3/3T. Not tested on other phones but should work with any phone supporting Ambient Display and wake screen for new notifications. However, only OnePlus 6T is officially supported.
1. Make sure ‘Wake screen when you receive notifications’ is enabled under Settings > Display > Ambient Display.
2. Remove ‘Plus Beat’ from Battery Optimization under Settings > Battery > Battery Optimization. Failing to do so won’t start the app on phone restart, causing malfunction. OnePlus has strict rules, can’t help it. If it shows already ‘Not optimizing’, select optimize and reselect don’t optimize. Restart the device and check if it’s working. If the app doesn’t work, please repeat this process.
3. In Stealth Mode, custom colors are not possible for icons because of the nature of Ambient Display, which can only display in monochrome.
Help me improve the app by suggesting new features and buying me a beer by donating here:
1. PayPal – www.paypal.me/vishalAF
2. UPI – vishalaf[at]upi
3. Google Pay – yzvishal.vd@okhdfcbank
Plus Beat user reviews :
Actually better than a built in LED notification light. It uses more battery though.
- Vishal DubeyDecember 15, 2018
- Hey, thank you for the support 🙂 Keeping a 5 sec interval will make the screen act like an almost always on display which will drain the battery. Not advisable to do it.
Like it. Would be good to have the ability to have option of a color border around edge of screen to pulse. Also would be nice if we could define where on the screen, top, middle, bottom for the messages
- Vishal DubeyDecember 16, 2018
- On it! Thanks for the support
Provides what’s missing. Beautifull. It just look Good and does what notification led should do
Highly responsive developer and a great app for the 6T! Great work.
Perfect app. Aptly does the needful. Way to go, dev!!!
- Vishal DubeyDecember 13, 2018
- Hiding fingerprint will require root. You can go in the ‘Selected Apps’ section and select show content for apps where you want to see actual content of app instead of ‘You have unread message’ 🙂 Thank you for the support. Hope the app keeps you happy and you reconsider rating it 5 stars!
- Vishal DubeyDecember 14, 2018
- Did you enable the switch for ‘Enable Plus Beat’ option in the app? Please reconsider rating the app if your issue is resolved
- Vishal DubeyDecember 14, 2018
- It’s getting linked in the upcoming update
A brilliant full feature replacement to the failed lack of LED notification on OnePlus 6t
Contact developer :
Download Plus Beat from Play Store
Leave your feedback regarding Plus Beat
Get more android apps/games/updates
Subscribe to our mailing list and get new android apps / games and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.