[App] Remote Fingerprint Unlock
Remote Fingerprint Unlock : Remotely and securely unlock your Windows PC using your Android’s fingerprint sensor.
For the application to work, you need to install the Fingerprint Credential Provider module on your Windows PC (Windows Vista/7/8/10). Please choose the corresponding version: x64 for 64-bit or x86 for 32-bit Windows installations. You can download it here: http://bit.ly/2Q4YoUP
The module only runs when the logon screen is active, so, in order to connect your computer, add an account, etc., simply lock your computer (Windows Key + L, or from the Start Menu).
Please take into account that some manufacturers do not fully implement the required Google Fingerprint API’s or they do not implement them at all, so even though your smartphone may have a fingerprint sensor, the app may appear as incompatible, crash at start-up or not work at all. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about it, as the whole security of this app is based on Google’s secure Fingerprint API.
How to use the app:
Firstly, be sure that you have installed the Windows module found at the link above.
Go to the Scan menu (making sure that your computer is on the logon screen) and pull to refresh or press the refresh button.
Select your computer and press Save.
Now, go to the Accounts menu and tap Add an account. Enter the Windows account that you want to unlock, scan your fingerprint and press Add.
Next, tap on the account name that you want to be unlocked when scanning your fingerprint.
You’re now all set! Go to the Unlock menu and scan your fingerprint. You should now see your computer unlocked.
Log-in/Unlock an account
Simple, user-friendly UI
Local/Microsoft/Domain* accounts support
Light/Dark/Black (AMOLED-friendly) UI themes
Local network/Wi-Fi Tethering support
At the moment, domain accounts are supported only on Windows 8+ computers on the latest (1.0.3) version of the Windows module. Please keep in mind that your account has to be present on the lockscreen for this to be able to work. It does not work for users logging in using the Other Users menu. In the app, simply use the displayed name exactly as on the lockscreen (including the domain name, case sensitive), together with the corresponding password
Adding multiple computers
Adding multiple accounts per computer
More planned features
Being a utility app, please be sure to read the F.A.Q. as it contains a lot of useful information that may help you troubleshoot any problem that you may encounter: http://bit.ly/2N9bzFV
If you have the PRO upgrade, you can turn Wake On Lan on by tapping on the desired computer and ticking “Send WoL-Packet”.
Being built with security in mind, the app:
Can be safely be used on a public network –all sent data is encrypted.
Encrypts the stored information in the user’s computer using a unique key that identifies the app installation.
Does not store any password in the Android app.
Prevents attackers from also gaining access to your computer – if an attacker knows your PIN and adds his own fingerprint, the app is immediately notified and automatically invalidates its own key, which makes the stored private app information lost forever.
Possible future updates:
Lock a computer with the app
Being notified when one of your computers wakes up
Be sure to allow incoming and outgoing traffic (both TCP and UDP) in your firewall for the LogonUI.exe process found in C:\Windows\System32. You will be asked at the installation if you want this done automatically for you if you are using Windows Firewall.
Please check the F.A.Q. for more troubleshooting tips and questions or send me an email if you have any questions regarding the app.
Remote Fingerprint Unlock user reviews :
- Rusu AndreiJanuary 6, 2019
- Thanks for your suggestions! I will send a false positive report in just a moment. And regarding being connected to Wi-Fi: if you set a specific IP to your saved computer (by tapping on its name and ticking “Connect by IP”), you can initiate an unlock on mobile data also.
- Rusu AndreiJanuary 6, 2019
- Thanks! That is one of the features that I always wanted to add and I will probably look into it after I finish working on Bluetooth support.
Very useful app, keep up the great work. PC lock would be a feature that would make this even better and worth a purchase but until then I will be fine with the free version.
Nothing much to say except GREAT!!!
- Rusu AndreiDecember 25, 2018
- Hi! The problem is fixed in the latest 1.0.3 release of the Windows module found in the app’s description. As a friendly tip, please be sure to only download the app from the links found in the Play Store description. Thanks for trying the app!
- Rusu AndreiDecember 29, 2018
- In the latest update, an EXIT button has been added and I have already implemented an option to auto-minimize the on a successful fingerprint scan in the next update. About the Windows problem, I have just checked and it works on my end. Can you please send me an email with more details like if you see the Fingerprint Unlock user, etc.
Contact developer :
Download Remote Fingerprint Unlock from Play Store
Leave your feedback regarding Remote Fingerprint Unlock
Get more android apps/games/updates
Subscribe to our mailing list and get new android apps / games and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.