WD 2go gives you secure mobile access to all the documents, photos, videos and music stored on your My Book® Live™, My Book Live Duo or My Net™ N900 Central products from Western Digital®. The WD 2go app also expands your personal cloud by providing access to your Dropbox. View, stream, download and manage all the media and files stored on your WD personal cloud storage device or your Dropbox with your smartphone or tablet.
WD 2go has many powerful, yet easy to use features so you can get more out of your personal cloud. You can copy files between your WD personal cloud storage and Dropbox , download files for offline access, upload files to your My Book Live, My Book Live Duo or My Net N900 Central and more.
WD 2go Features
• Access files, music, and photos stored on your WD personal cloud storage with your Android™ mobile device
• Full access to your Dropbox – use all of the new WD 2go features with your Dropbox
• Upload files from your mobile device to your WD personal cloud storage
• Download files to your smartphone or tablet for offline access
• Share one or more files from your personal cloud storage using email links
• File management: copy, move, rename and delete files
• Automatically discover and connect to WD personal cloud storage devices on the same Wi-Fi network as your smartphone or tablet
• Send files to and receive files from third party apps installed on your mobile device
WD 2go Requirements
• WD’s My Book Live, My Book Live Duo or My Net N900 Central with the most recent firmware, connected to the Internet
• Android smartphone or tablet running version 2.2 or later software
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/WesternDigital
Follow us on Twitter: @WesternDigital
WD 2go user reviews:
Mp3s won’t play, videos won’t play and unless you download files one at a time and save them individually you can’t see them outside the app. To top that off if you save them one at a time they don’t appear until you restart the phone.
After upgrading, I’m now unable to connect to my My Book Live. Although the app sees the device on the local network, it gives an error when I try to connect to it through the network. When I try to connect manually (shouldn’t be necessary), it just returns to the device select screen after inputting the code.
I had the Pro version (1.20) and this update cured all my ills! You must update you MyBookLive firmware (don’t forget to reboot it!), and reboot your phone after this update. All is good in the world with this update.
For anyone having problems after update, Un-install the app from your Mobile or Tablet and then install a fresh version. I also deleted the mobile device on Mybook Live dash board and recreated a new code. Start app on Moble or Tablet and put in new activation code and hey presto works like a dream. Its a slight over kill but starting afresh worked for me.
Download WD 2go:[app]com.wdc.wd2go[/app]
Leave your feedback regarding WD 2go
Get more android apps/games/updates
Subscribe to our mailing list and get new android apps / games and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.