[App] XFINITY TV
The XFINITY TV app puts a world of entertainment right at your fingertips!
Find your favorite shows and movies, control your TV, and schedule DVR recordings—all with the XFINITY TV app. The XFINITY TV app puts a world of entertainment right at your fingertips!
Find what to watch using a few taps:
– Browse TV listings customized to your area
– Browse an On Demand library featuring thousands of titles
– Search TV listings and On Demand for any show or movie
– Filter content by genre, network, HD, free and much more
Control your TV and DVR:
– Conveniently change channels right from the app
– Tune directly to On Demand programs to watch on your TV
– Schedule DVR recordings of your favorite shows, series, and movies
– Internet connection (Wi-Fi or 3G)
– Compatible cable/set-top box (for TV and DVR control). Please see hxxp://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/eligible-cable-boxes-cable-tv-app/ for more details.
– Comcast ID or Comcast.net Email Address (and Password)
– Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all areas.
Initial Setup Notes:
Please be at home with your TV and cable boxes turned on. Messages will appear on your TV screen to help you name your boxes for easier identification and control.
Compatibility and Known Issues:
– Xfinity TV app supports most Android handsets running Android 2.2 and higher.
– Xfinity TV app supports the Motorola Xoom tablet running Android v3.1 and later. Other Honeycomb v3.x tablets with a 1280×800 resolution should work. We will certify the application on additional tablets soon.
– Xfinity TV app may work on other Android devices not listed above but it has not been designed or optimized for them. They are currently unsupported.
– Xfinity TV app currently supports devices that allow more than a 16MB memory limit on applications and will automatically detect the required memory. This includes most devices. However, the AT&T HTC Aria is a notable exception and is not compatible.
*Xfinity TV app supports many-but not all-Comcast set top boxes. Specifically, Scientific Atlanta set top boxes are not yet supported. Please see hxxp://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/eligible-cable-boxes-cable-tv-app/ for details about currently supported set top boxes.
Having trouble with the Xfinity TV App? Contact our support team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot respond through the Android Market comment/ratings system but would love to hear from you.
Not sure why this app is rated so highly when its missing the most important part the makes it a complete app. The OS version is 10 times better because you can actually watch stuff on it. Whereas this is just a glorified mobile TV guide. Come on Comcast finish this app!
If I want to see listings, the TV Guide app is better. If I want to watch something, to bad here, but at least there is Hulu and Netflix. If I want to record something, it’s easier and better to use my Mythtv box than my comcast DVR. So why did I install this app? Well, at least I can uninstall it, too.
Does what it says and does it well. I can change the channel in the other room for my kids, not have to search for the remote, and on nights where I’m running late and am going to miss the game, I can set it to record from my phone. I have netflix to stream on my phone but not too many times I watch on my phone. No complaints. Everything launches on iphone first, it’s the most used phone. Get used to it.
Why are prime time listings always TBD? The app is pointless if I can’t look ahead to tonight or tomorrow night to set my recordings. I know programs are not really TBD because they are on the grid at home. Also, we need to be able to see what is scheduled to record on DVR. It is ridiculous for it to be set to record twice because we can’t see what another person already scheduled.
Download XFINITY TV :
leave your feedback regarding XFINITY TV app
Get more android apps/games/updates
Subscribe to our mailing list and get new android apps / games and updates to your email inbox.