, , ,
Now select Android smartphones can function as an additional TV in the home and much more! As an Optimum subscriber, you can view live TV with this app while in your home behind your Optimum modem. You can also playback your On Demand rentals, or use the device as a remote control, and it’s as easy as ever to search, browse and record TV shows to your DVR.
Please visit hzzp://optimum.net/app for more information and the complete list of supported devices to date.
And if your Android device isn’t supported yet, don’t worry. We’re constantly working to add more. In the meantime, search for and download the Optimum DVR Manager so you can search the program guide and set your DVR from anywhere you are.
Optimum App Features:
Live TV and On Demand
• Watch all of your subscribed-to channels live
• Quickly access “What’s On Now”
• Use the in-app keypad to tune directly to the channel you want
• Browse Movies On Demand, Free On Demand, and Subscription On Demand categories
• Get a list of more titles like the currently highlighted one
• Rate a title or series which helps make our recommendations for you even more accurate
• Get recommendations of programs that are geared towards you
• Rate programs and movies to further feed recommendations
• Filter the On Demand menus to show free titles, only titles that are available to you as part of your premium subscriptions, or “Last Chance” titles that will disappear soon.
• Watch Free On Demand and Subscription On Demand videos
• Watch other On Demand content from your Active Rentals
• Add titles to your cart for viewing on any of your devices or digital cable boxes
• Full Parental Controls capability to control viewing of content on the app
• Use your device as a remote control and control your digital cable boxes.
• Schedule recordings
• View your scheduled and recorded lists
• Delete recordings
• Supports DVR Plus (for multi-room recording)
• Search by keyword, title, cast, subject or category
• Ability to filter results on what’s on now, TV, On Demand, or your DVR
• Browse TV listings for your area
• Highlight a program and see other times the program might be on
• Get a list of more shows like the currently highlighted one
• Go up to 2 hours in the PAST to schedule DVR recordings or find On Demand content for the highlighted network
• Mark your favorite channels
• Filter TV listings to show just your favorite channels, channels you’re subscribed to, or channels available for streaming on the device
*** Live TV, On Demand and DVR access is only available to Digital Cable subscribers.
*** Live TV channels, On Demand and DVR are matched to the user’s existing video subscription service.
*** Parental Controls work the same as on a digital cable box and must be set specifically within the app in order to block programming.
*** Closed Captioning is available – see Settings within the app.
*** Pay-Per-View, digital music, and interactive channels are not available in the app at this time.
• Ability to stream On Demand content requires at least one (1) digital cable box on the account
• Management of DVR currently requires subscription to Optimum Online service
• Please visit hzzp://optimum.net/Terms/OptimumApp to review the full terms of service
• Android Device list (provided separately)
• Optimum-provided modem
• Wireless home network with secure router (Wireless B or above)
Optimum user reviews :
IT works good but I really want it to be able to stream when I’m away from home. It sucks I can only stream while I’m home that is kinda useless to me. Please allow us paying customers to stream when away from home.
After a loooong wait. Thank you for finally launching this app. I’ve experienced A LOT of force closes and failed log ins but you can expect speed bumps on an initial release. When it works, it’s a nice experience. Watching TV on your phone or choosing a channel and sending it to ANY box in the house is great!
Download Optimum :
Leave your feedback regarding Optimum
Get more android apps/games/updates
Subscribe to our mailing list and get new android apps / games and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.