[App] SoundWire lets you send any music (“what you hear now”) from your PC to your Android mobile devices or other PCs. Use it as:
– A wireless extension of your PC-based music system for parties
– A remote headphone amp
– A way to listen to music and movies from your computer anywhere in your house or out on your deck.
This is not just another file streaming app… you can use any music player on your PC or laptop like Grooveshark, Spotify, YouTube, or iTunes and feed the sound directly to your Android device. SoundWire lets you listen to the free versions of Grooveshark and Spotify on your phone.
SoundWire has low latency (audio delay), which means it can even be used to listen to the soundtrack of a movie or YouTube video while you watch (**Note you must adjust the buffer size in app settings for low latency). There are other uses too… SoundWire can work as a baby monitor or listening device with any Windows computer such as a netbook that has a built-in microphone. Or hook up turntables to your computer’s line input and stream a live DJ set to another part of the house. SoundWire can also be used over 3G/4G networks, depending on your download speed.
– Live audio capture and streaming
– Not locked to one music player
– Excellent sound quality (44.1 kHz or 48 kHz stereo 16-bit PCM)
– Low latency
– Easy to use
– x86 and MIPS support, send music from PC to PC running virtualized app (Linux/Windows)
– Record SoundWire audio to a file (MP3 or WAV)
Before using SoundWire on your Android device you must install and run the SoundWire Server application on the Windows PC or laptop which is your source of music, web audio streaming, or other sounds. Download the server at
For more information see the getting started guide at
These links are also available in the app. If you have any problems please see the troubleshooting tips at the above link.
The free version of the application identifies itself by voice every 30 minutes and displays ads. The full version can handle up to 10 connections at the same time, and has no ads or voice identification. Please consider purchasing the full version of SoundWire if you’d like to support the developer.
– Network communication: Communicates with the server program on your PC.
– Phone calls: Mutes audio when you receive a call.
– Prevent phone from sleeping: Keeps app running while connected (playing music) or attempting to connect. May be disabled in settings.
If reporting a problem please give your phone’s Android version (e.g. 2.1) and make/model. Check the server download page georgielabs.cjb.net occasionally for updates.
Download SoundWire :
Get more android apps/games/updates
Subscribe to our mailing list and get new android apps / games and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.