[App] Sophos Mobile Security
Sophos Mobile Security is a lightweight app which protects your Android device without reducing performance or battery life.
Using up-to-the-minute intelligence from SophosLabs, we automatically scan apps as you install them. This anti-virus functionality helps you to avoid undesirable software and malicious code which can lead to data loss and unexpected costs. And if your device is lost or stolen, a remote lock will shield your personal information from prying eyes.
Sophos Mobile Security Keep malware at bay
• Scans apps as you install them
• Scans previously installed apps both on your device and on your SD card
• Gray-lists apps which could pose a potential threat
• Uses SophosLabs threat intelligence from the cloud with up-to-the-minute information.
Lock or locate a device which is lost or stolen
• Performs a remote lock on any Android device which you have lost or stolen
• Uses tracking technology to attempt to find your device (optional feature)
Use our Privacy Advisor to stay safe
• Detects apps which access personal data such as your address book
• Lets you easily identify apps which could create costs
Sophos Mobile Security Requested permissions:
• SEND SMS MESSAGES: When you do a remote lock or locate, the app sends a confirmation that the lock was successful or an SMS with the location (latitude/longitude) of your device.
• READ CONTACT DATA: Access to contacts is required as you can specify which other phone numbers you want to use to remotely lock/locate your missing Android device. This permission allows you to choose those numbers from your contacts.
How to uninstall:
To remove Sophos Mobile Security you first have to deactivate the Device Administrator in Sophos Mobile Security.
In the Android Settings: Go to PERSONAL > Security > DEVICE ADMINISTRATION > Device administrators and deactivate the checkbox for Sophos Security.
Note: The path to a setting may vary depending on the Android version and/or the device you are using.
Sophos Mobile Security user reviews:
Works very well, unless you have brackets at the start and end of your password. Remote lock is a very nice feature and the ability to scan SD card content is nice too. Would agree with some other reviews that an AV aspect ought to be introduced. If it were i would pay a couple of pounds a year to license. Only put 4 stars due to being beta (so finished product may vary greatly or not ever exist) and due to the lack of AV. Otherwise perfect.
Thankyou face book! You are doing a wonderful job… And I know the UK is running our world! Amen. Godspeed!!!
Just installed it yesterday. I’m impressed with the UI and small footprint. I hope it will continue to be free and add more features.
Not only scans for malware, but also has a feature for tracking lost phone. That is awesome. Didn’t give 5 stars coz there is still scope for improvement, like virus scan, scan settings for automatic scanning every day or week or so.
I use Sophos on my PC and it has been great. I’m glad to see that Sophos has expanded to Android. This is obviously a Beta version. But things that cam be improved would be like live internet security, website advisors embedded within the Android browser, and the ability to move the application to SD card. I’ll continue using avast for now.
Download Sophos Mobile Security :
Leave your feedback regarding Sophos Mobile Security app
Get more android apps/games/updates
Subscribe to our mailing list and get new android apps / games and updates to your email inbox.