[App] HiBy Music
! Updated description applies to version 3.0.0 build 5480 and up !
! Please wait for update to reach you if the version you see is still 2.3.4 !
Hiby Music Player is a free lossless HiFi audio player designed for audiophiles and music fans. Newest features include support for direct USB audio on Android 7.x, and HiByLink for controlling lossless playback on affiliated remote devices, giving you a first-class music experience wherever you go.
1. Use HiByLink to upgrade affiliated portable and desktop audio players to a touch-screen, remote-operated experience while enjoying lossless playback of hi-res material on the device itself.
2. First free app to support direct USB audio output on Android 7.x.
3. Added play queue function and function to save edited queue as new playlist.
4. All-new UI bringing a fresh new user experience, with new pictorial Quick Guide added.
5. Improved compatibility with Android 6+ devices;
6. Fixed track ordering under albums, under multi-disc albums (DISCNUMBER support!), etc.
7. Expanded on-device output sampling rate to 44.1 and 48kHz, adapting to phones with different Android system sampling rates;
8. Added option to disable exclusive USB audio output and use Android system USB audio for convenience / interoperability;
9. Added USB volume lock function to ensure bitperfect output more easily;
10. Revised English and multilanguage translations;
11. Added illustrated quick-start guide for ease of use;
12. Added update function independent of Google Play;
13. Added custom language selection option independent of Android system language.
1. Wide lossless/lossy audio format support, including DSD(DSF,DFF,DST), ISO, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, M4A, AAC, MP3, Ogg Vorbis
2. CUE sheets and ISO images are also directly supported
3. High precision decoding with 32 bits output, 64 bits floating point decoding and 128 bits internal precision, all for the best audio quality.
4. External USB DAC is supported with DXD/DoP output. You can get Native DSD or 384kHz, 32 bit DXD audio streams easily.
5. Gapless playback
6. 10 band graphic EQ
Stay tuned, more professional function will be added continually!
HiBy Music user reviews :
Pretty good and a nice, clean and clearly defined sound, albeit a little light on the bass, but the bass is detailed, unlike the one with a little more bass. It seems to switch specs on each file to it’s native specs, but i cannot verify while driving, as i use it in android auto. The only flaw so far, is that the album art is slow to switch on new files. That is odd, but if they fixed it, stars would go up. The volume level is stronger than others as well. This app handles hi-res files.
I like the exclusive usb mode, amazing skipping tracks experience and it is a feature only in the Android version. Despite that, the hiby fc4 is almost unusable on Android. Not only that Tidal app doesn’t work once it tries to take control of the MQA device, but I suspect Hiby app doesn’t use MQA in Tidal either as based on the color lights like it does on the iPhone. It also crases randomly in the background all the time. Maybe it’s just my Oneplus 6 device, but it’s still a shame
Good, free music player. I’m not picky with my music, but it can handle my dozens of playlists and thousands of tracks, so it’s good enough for me. No annoying ads or anything either. I have had it glitch when playing music in the middle of an update, but that’s more of a Google problem lol.
Please, add round button of volume control on hiby main screen when using exclusive USB hq access. It’s very inconvenient to click those three dots just to access the volume control and I don’t want to use physical control so often. Thanks.
This is a very good lossless music player. Only problem that i face is that there is no playlist of recently added songs and the searching for a song sometimes doesnt work. Fix therlse two and it will be perfect
With reference to REAL LIVE MUSIC reproduction, this player is on the clinical side and doesn’t sound like the REAL thing. I have listened to many live concerts practically every week 2 or 3 times to have a good judgement on that. It’s even more clinical than UAPP!
This app was great at first but For the past week or so this app has been so glitchy, freezing up and not accessing music from my phone or SD card. Won’t load my tidal collections or Playlist. I’ll un-installing for a while
Bit-perfect playback, and it bypasses Android so you get pure sound. Has several audiophile features too. Very good app.
This app is good, sound is good only one thing pls add widget this is the most important part on phones! Hope to hear from u soon..
It’s a great player especially if you’re an audiophile, extremely customizable sound experience. Only drawback for me is the lack of ability to rearrange the tracks on a playlist, like alphabetically for example, it’s only allowed for the whole music list. I have over 3000 songs and this is usually a problem, I can’t rearrange the playlist on alphabetically. Hopefully hiby can include this in the future. Still 4 stars for being a great player.
It’s a really good app, I like the design, the UI the many supported formats and the Bluetooth compatibility. It’s unfortunate that there are no widgets, you can’t even pull a playlist on the homescreen (android Huaweip30). Also it’s very annoying to create playlist. You can’t change them after you created them so if you want to change the order of the songs you have to make a new one. I really like that it fills out the screen when the phone is locked so you can change songs easily.
The USB exclusive mode is amazing. I honestly never realized how bad Android’s default audio stack/mixer/API was until now. If you have a supported USB DAC you should be using this because it really does make a difference. Only downside is that controlling the volume in USB exclusive mode is hit or miss. My Moshi DAC won’t accept volume changes unless this app’s window is open and the phone is unlocked. Other DACs might need an external device to control volume in USB exclusive mode.
Contact developer :
Leave your feedback regarding HiBy Music